ICT in Education: Celebrating The Teacher.
According to UNESCO, information and communication technology (ICT) can complement, enrich and transform education for the better.
ICTs can facilitate universal access to education, bridge learning divides, support the development of teachers, enhance the quality and relevance of learning, strengthen inclusion, and improve education administration and governance.
The use of ICT in education has proven to be advantageous in the following ways:
- Engaging learning in a whole new way.
- Improving knowledge retention through smart assessments.
- Encouraging individual learning even without internet.
- Encouraging collaboration between learners.
- Rich resource for learners.
The use of ICT in education equally comes with its disadvantages amongst which the most common is the distraction it offers.
Teachers are better placed to set the example in this change.
At Miya Academy we believe that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and these tools can be safely used to enhance quality education (in case of how to go about this, please contact us).
The use of ICT in Education is best introduced if the teacher is versed with it and it is for this reason that we are rewarding a teacher who uses/encourages the use of ICT in education; the criteria is as follows:
- Propose a teacher who uses/encourages the use of ICT in education and their institution.
- ‘Wow us’ with how this teacher does it.
- Leave your contact as we will call you for more information.
- Any teacher/instructor based and exercising in Cameroon.
Link to nominations form: ICT in Education
01st October 2019: Start of nomination.
30th November 2019: Deadline for the nominations.
05th December 2019: Name of the nominated teacher will be announced on our blog.
For any other issues, please contact us.